Thursday, June 4, 2009

Happy early Anniversary and Birthday to me!

Our wedding anniversary and my birthday are next month. I'm not big on surprises, or really gifts for my birthday. It's just not something I want a fuss made over. HOWEVER, I let Ben know I would really love a kitchen aid stand mixer, especially because I'm taking a cake decorating classes and will be making gobs of butter cream frosting in the future. He gave me the go ahead, and pretty much insisted I get this. I picked it up on my lunch break yesterday, and Ben brought it in for me last night and I marveled over the beauty of my new *pink* mixer. I even considered taking a picture with all my favorite things. It would consist of Ben holding Betsy, with the sewing machine one one side of him, this mixer on the other and the Dyson behind him. Nothing like a beautiful new appliance to make Shannon giddy.

Shannon post shower, pre-bed LOVING her birthday/anniversary present.

My thoughtful husband opening the box so I don't accidentally cut myself. HEY! What are the chances THAT would happen?

I LOVE IT! Imagine all the butter cream frosting, Italian Cream Cakes, Pumpkin Rolls and Peanut Butter brownies I'll make with it.


4 comments:

Lara said...

You are too friggin cute with your mixer!!

Lindsay said...

I can't wait to see all the things you make with this thing! Maybe you will inspire me to use mine more!

Lisa said...

I love the PINK!! Mine is blue, the next greatest invention to our Dyson also.

Corie M. said...

You are too cute Shan!!