Betsy weighed in at 16 pounds on the dot, 25 inches long, and 17.3 inch head circumference. All measurements right around the 50th percentile. She took an oral vaccine and was given three shots. She bounces back from these so fast, I was amazed she let out one cry then forgot about it. She didn't even need Tylenol this time around.
At six months Betsy is sitting. Dr. C says she has great balance. She's crawling (no longer army crawling, full fledged belly off the floor moving across the whole room at the blink of an eye). She babbles in consonants now, this morning she said bye. Seriously! I'm sure she doesn't mean anything yet but Dr.C thinks by 9 months she'll be using words. She's doing so well with stage one foods that we're going to try Stage two foods after we finish our current selection. I think she's going to take well to these, being that she prefers the thicker foods we've fed her. She's not a huge fan of peaches which are super runny. She sleeps ten hours a night.
And finally when Dr. C was holding Betsy she let out a cry and reached for me. Dr.C says "Ah, stranger anxiety, that's an advanced social skill!". Of course I love a doctor who takes my wailing child and deems this 'being advanced'.
I feel so blessed that Betsy has gone to Grandpa's daycare. Dr.C and I talked about Betsy's overall health and even if at some point Betsy goes to mothers-day-out or day care it's been great to keep her with family for the first six months. She's had one or two bouts of tummy illness, but nothing that has required a trip to the doctor.
All for now, have a great week everyone!
I can't smile for the camera with my ninnie in my mouth.

MOM, WHERE did you get this dress?!

Dancing baby
1 comment:
Happy 6 Months to Betsy!
Post a Comment