Friday, April 2, 2010

Design on a Dime...

This is the LAST post for quite a while about Betsy's room. I'm done with the minor decrating I have been working on. With the addition of the toddler bed I ended up buying...

- New changing pad cover $12
- a fleece blanket $8
- two new pillows and two pillow cases $14
- three pillow forms $15
- one seat pad $2
- four yards of fabric $20
- one basket $4
- one pattern $2
- five picture frames $7.50
- six pieces of scrap booking paper $3
- one bag of poly fill $3
- Ribbon $2
- buttons $.50

The beauty of these projects is that most of it can be reused. I can always recover the pillow forms. I can reuse the picture frames and baskets. I can use the brown blanket in another room if I need to, I still have most of the bag of polyfill to use for future projects. Should I decide to change these things in a year or two, I'll only be out of pocket about thirty dollars.






Look! Teddy Bear finally got eyes and a nose! I found it pretty funny that this was the first time I've ever sewed a button on anything. All this other junk I've sewn and this is the first time I have sewn a button.

Betsy's room doesn't look anything like what I've seen online or in catalogs. I'm sure it looks a little more 'homemade' but I'm OK with that! I've loved making these things and it's unique and personal to my Betsy-girl.

P.S. Betsy LOVED the new bear. She ran in her room, picked it up and called it 'mine' and I told her it was a bear. Then she called it 'mine bear'.

2 comments:

JHP said...

You did a great job!

ChrisandLogue said...

BEAUTIFUL!! You are so talented! I love all the handmade and customized things for your big girl!