Monday, April 19, 2010

They're having a BABY!!

I had to wait for my brother and sister in law, JD and Tiffany, to spill the beans before I made this post! As it's now on Facebook I guess I can spread the word. Easter weekend I found out I was pregnant, and I told Ben in front of JD, who blurted out that they ALSO found out Tiffany was pregnant...the day before. I've met no two siblings who are more 'best friends' than Ben and JD. For the two of them to find out they are expecting babies a day apart was pretty darn exciting!

After church on Easter Sunday JD and Tiff came over to hang out while I baked cupcakes and got ready to head to the Bralleys for lunch. I told Tiffany about an idea I read online where you tell everyone you're pregnant by claiming 'family picture time!' and instead of saying "cheese!" you say "We're having a baby!". These are the picture from the big announcement.










After that sunk in Tiffany told everyone that we had news too... which is when we told them we are expecting as well.

The more I think about this, the more excited I get. First, Betsy and William LOVE to be with each other and play together constantly. I think these next two will be the same. Not to mention they will only be two years younger than the first two, it'll be a pack of Bralley babies running around! Imagine four cousins less than two years apart, who live within an hour of each other. I forsee many sleep overs with Grandma and Grandpa in the future!

I'm also happy to go through pregnancy with Tiffany. The last time I was pregnant I had two great friends to go through this with, the OTHER Tiffany, and my cousin Cynthia. It's nice when you want to talk baby with someone who's going through the same stuff you are.

And finally I'm thrilled Ben and JD get to do this together. Ben knows what he's doing, and watching Uncle JD with Bets this weekend, he does too. I think changes in lifestyles are easier to adjust to when you have friends to relate to and support you.

So that's the news X 2! Tiffany's estimated due date is 12/7/10 and at this point mine is 12/10/10 though I'll have a more accurate due date next week!

2 comments:

ChrisandLogue said...

That is so awesome! Great pictures too!
I am so jealous though...close extended family AND cousins close in age!?!? Too Fabulous!! Ellie has zero cousins thus far and none seem to be on the horizon either...boo. She asked me the other day after Dora was talking about her cousin Diego "mama who's my cousin? I want a cousin please"...poor thing! : )

Congrats to you all!!

Tiffany said...

I am super excited too! Thanks for the sweet post! We really can't wait! I need to call you this week too! So I will try before I actually see you on Saturday! :)