Week 37 starts today...we're in the homestretch.
I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and I was a little disappointed to hear that I haven't made much progress toward Ella's arrival. My blood pressure looks good, it's starting to go up but that is typical during the last month of pregnancy, and I have no traces of protein in my urine nor is my swelling too bad. The doctor gave me the go-ahead to keep working if I want to, as long as I lie down three times a day and I promise to come home and get off my feet. Ben has been making sure I do this for several weeks now so it's not hard to agree to these conditions!
I'm really happy to not bed rest, to save my paid leave for time with the baby.
Dr. Greene also pointed out that I'm growing a 'VERY healthy baby'. She meant she's pretty large. Most babies at this point are about 6 pounds but Ella is probably closer to 7 pounds already and if she doesn't arrive until her due date we could be looking at "a nine or ten pound baby". The doctor pointed out that with my last pregnancy I had high blood pressure which tends to cause smaller babies. Without having high blood pressure I'm growing a big girl!
We won't talk induction until I'm in my 39th week if I haven't had her by then (unless I take a turn toward developing preeclampsia).
So that's the update! We both look perfectly healthy, we're just not seeing any signs of Ella's arrival anytime soon.
3 comments:
YAY for 37 weeks and no pre-e! Great news!
Yay! So glad to hear it Shan!
I can't wait to see pictures of this precious girl! I'll be praying for you guys and JD's family.
Post a Comment