Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Have we talked webcams yet?

My new favorite thing is the camera built in to our computer. I think it's just about the best thing since sliced bread (or the chick-fil-a sandwich).

I miss my family so much and with this new discovery I feel SO much more in touch! We're using Skype to host our webchats. Skype is free, and the camera is built in to the laptop so this was a piece of cake!

So far I've just chatted with my mom (aka Granny). We usually sit at the kitchen table and I hold Betsy on my lap and Granny sings and talks to her. Betsy chatters back a little bit. Last night however, Granny joined us for bath time!

Ben was at a meeting so I just took the baby and the laptop in our room and we did our whole bath routine with Granny watching and talking away. Then I put the lap top in the crib with the freshly bathed and diapered Betsy and she and Granny stared at each other and babbled while I picked out clothes and got her in PJs. What an experience!

I carried Betsy and Granny-in-the-computer from the living room, to our bedroom, our bathroom, the nursery, showed Granny our new closet system and our new book shelf. She says it does not make her seasick getting carried around, and watching Betsy on the computer is way better than television. At one point Granny 'watched' the baby for me on the bed while I got the bath supplies set up. Who would have thought Granny would babysit from 1000 miles away? :) Next time she's going to join us for EB's bedtime book reading.

I'm hoping Lauren and I will skype tonight. Lauren will be teaching Betsy a cheer while Lauren's boyfriend Sean will teach her about the triple option offense. Betsy can't wait to school her Daddy the first time they watch a Georgia Tech football game together.

I also can't wait to get my Dad and my Nana set up to webcam with us. Dad's been super busy with home improvement projects but he's going to love it! I plan to get Nana set up next month when Betsy and I make a trip to Florida (in 23 days!!).

Let us know if you have a webcam and want to schedule a computer date :)

1 comment:

Beth said...

Web date with Crazy Auntie B from Boston? STAT! ♥