Monday, February 8, 2010

Over the last 14 months...

Last year we had a rough year. I referenced the blog to see what we were going through. I heard my mother say more times than I can remember "You can't catch a break, can you sweetie?" It never seemed overwhelming, however me getting sick so often is what made me decide to start exercising and change my eating habits. How does one strengthen their immune system? (vitamins and fresh fruits and veggies). I'm 6 weeks into 2010 and the lifestyle change is going strong and I feel great :)

December 2008:

Shannon had Betsy
Shannon got put back in the hospital with preeclampsia
Shannon picked up a stomach bug in the hospital
Ben got the stomach bug

2009:

Ben got a sinus infection
Shannon got a sinus infection
Ben went to the hospital because he had a piece of metal in his eye
Betsy went to the plastic surgeon to have her hemangioma checked
Shannon had a stomach virus, led to hospitalization
Betsy got that stomach virus from Shannon
Ben had corrective eye surgery
Shannon cut finger, went to the hospital for stitches
Shannon got sick with stomach virus
Shannon got sick with stomach virus again (this time in Atlanta)
Betsy had bronchitis
Betsy had double ear infections
Betsy double ear infections (second time)
Betsy double ear infections (third time)
Betsy had a chest cold
Shannon had a sinus infection for 10 days
Betsy had an ear infection while in FL over Christmas (fourth time)
Betsy had double ear infections (fifth time, she's still on antibiotics).

This is just documenting illness, injury and surgery. This doesn't factor in all Betsy's well-baby doctor appointments, all the parties we threw, all the trips we took, the home improvement projects, and work responsibilities (namely Cross Country and Soccer tournaments). It's been a busy time for our family!

I'm praying for a healthy, safe year to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought of you this weekend while in the hospital with the stomach virus, Shan. You kept such a positive outlook throughout all your challenges and I'm trying to do the same! Here's to a healthy 2010!
Tammy