Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Betsy's done a few things in the last couple days that made me smile. I think she's on the brink of embracing 'imagination play' as she has been imitating Mommy and Daddy.

1. At the doctor's office Monday Betsy took a little notebook out of my purse and went to sit next to the big kids who were reading magazines. The big kids deemed her 'So cute!' and Betsy chattered away while pointing at her book. I guess she was telling them about the interesting story she was reading. She says 'book' so often now, when I dropped her off at school this morning she ran straight to the book shelf, pointed to the books, said 'book!' and looked at the daycare director. When I walked back by a few minutes later she was sitting 'reading' with a friend from class. I guess the kiddo will share my love of literature after all!



2. Friday while I ambled up and down the aisles of Hobby Lobby looking for the perfect decor for my new entertainment unit (not to exceed 7.5 inches wide by 11 inches tall) I used a measuring tape quite often. Betsy has become enamored with my measuring tape. So while in the room, speaking to the doctor Betsy took the tape measure out of my purse and started measuring things around the room. The resident who was working with our pediatrician fell in love with Betsy. How could you not love a baby measuring the length of the patient chairs and the height of the doctor's stool?

3. Last night during bath time with Ben I walked into a hilarious sight. Not only does Betsy love playing with her squirters and ducks but she also enjoys a relaxing soak in the tub. She must have observed Mommy and Daddy relaxing and soaking in the tub before because she used Ben's legs like a reclining chair, laid back in the water, closed her eyes and puckered her lips. Geez Betsy, is life so hard as a 14 month old that you need a relaxing soak in the tub before bed?

4. She's mimicking more noises, the time has come at last that she's learned the word 'no (oh!). She mimics puppy (pup....EE!). Lots of words.

She's growing and getting smarter every day. It's amazing.

No comments: