Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Worlds awesomest baby.

Last night at Ben's soccer game Betsy played and ran around. She had a happy meal toy that looks like a mini-remote control that she kept trying to take to Ben while he was coaching.

Shan: "Not right now, Daddy can't watch TV".

Betsy also wanted to play with a 'baw!' she saw the other team warming up with their 'baws' and tried to run across the obstacle course field to take one...

Shan "Balls are for the players Betsy, do you want an apple slice?"

Betsy "BAW! BAW! BAW!"

*The other team LOVED Betsy. I'd like to think her cuteness broke their concentration helping Varsity win their game. Or I'll chalk it up that great coaching Ben does*

As the field was a little wet due to a torrential down pour Monday night I took Betsy to stand on a small paved area next to the bleachers. She found a chunk of concrete and deemed it a "Baw!" and kept throwing it on the floor and picking it back up. At one point she tried running toward the head coach to throw her concrete chunk at him.

Shan "No Betsy, don't throw your ball at the coach."

And finally when she was standing on the paving she liked the sound of the concrete floor rubbing against her shoes. So she did the Moonwalk. (I find this amazing as the night before I was talking to Ben about developmental milestones and said "the only think I haven't seen Betsy do that 1-2 year-olds are supposed to do is walk backwards." Well the next night she showed me she can NOT ONLY walk backwards, she can pay tribute to Michael Jackson while doing so).



I didn't have my camera (sob!) but the other coaches were sitting in the bleachers and got to experience the magic. I'll be taking my MJ One's CD home for dance practice tonight so maybe I'll post video tomorrow :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Love it! Go Betsy!!