Monday, March 29, 2010

A post about pillows

The summer I turned twenty-two years old I moved into my first apartment. The entire time I was an undergraduate student I lived on campus, in my sorority house. I was SO excited to finally move off campus and I intently planned how to decorate my room, picking a color scheme etc. My mom and Aunt Mary surprised me by sewing these beautiful pillows and a decorative table cover for my room, and sent them to me for my birthday. At the time I was SO touched, every time I looked at them I thought about the time they put into this project for me!

Now I get to do these kinds of things for my daughter. As I sewed these items this weekend it reminded me of how special I felt when I opened the box of custom sewn pillows from my Mom and Mary.


I love the quote "People don't remember what you did, they remember how you made them feel." I hope Betsy feels special, like my moms made me feel special.

No comments: