Here's a list of Betsy's vocabulary to this point. I read recently that at 18 months children start to learn an average of nine new words a day. We read a couple books each night, as well as listen to audio books in the car to expose Betsy to as much language as possible. I think I need to pick up a couple of kids books in Spanish to read to the nina as well.
These are the words I remember hearing recently. I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting.
Geen (green)
Uh oh!
Ungee? (hungry)
I yike (I like)
Cup
tocks (socks)
Sit
whassat? (What's that?)
I do dat (I do that)
Ober der (Over there)
Moh! Moh! (More, more)
Ninnie
Mine
Nauzer (schnauzer)
Baw (ball)
Book
Burrdee (birdie)
Pup eeee (puppy)
Oh yeah
Bye bye
No
Ohhhh
Daddy
Mama
GiGi
Hewhoah (hello)
Yum yum mmm
piddy (pretty)
No comments:
Post a Comment