Sunday, March 28, 2010

Wild Child

I'm not ready for this! Twice this weekend Bets has climbed out of her crib.

The first time I was in the sewing room with the door shut so the sounds of 'Band of Brothers' wouldn't wake her up. Betsy awoke from her nap, climbed out of her crib and wandered to the livingroom. She noticed the back door was open (when the weather is nice we leave it open for Maddie to come in and out) and she walked outside. I realized this when Madison started barking wildly. I went outside and found Betsy in her pink pig footed pajamas enjoying the lovely weather.

I wasn't sure HOW she climbed out until today. While I was hanging up Betsy's clean laundry she was reading books in her crib. She did a kind of push up, threw one leg over the side, and started flipping out of the crib. I scooped her up and put her on the floor.

*sigh*

The first time it happened this weekend I thought we could wait it out, just because she did it once (and she almost did it a long time ago) doesn't mean she is going to do it any time she wants out! I think I was wrong. She's just bound and determined to be a big kid these days.

Here I go now, looking for crib rails so if we turn the crib into a toddler bed she won't fall out all the time.

No comments: