I'm in a fantastic mood. It's FRIDAY! Top reasons Friday is good: I only work four hours and I get to wear jeans to work. Betsy has had a wonderful week. We have established a schedule. It helps, her going to my In-laws during the day to keep a schedule. It goes something like this:
5:45 diaper change, move her from her crib to our bed
6:30 we wake her up and feed her
7:00 goes to Grandpa's
11:30 bottle
4:30 bottle
6:00 gets picked up from Grandpa's
7:00ish bath
9:30 bottle
10:15 sleep
It took a couple days to get the schedule down. Baths seem to wake her up a bit, so as soon as we've eaten dinner I try to give her a bath and put her in PJs so she settles down. We moved her swing from our bedroom to the living room and while Ben is working on lesson plans and I'm reading, or we're watching a movie she swings around and watches the animals on her mobile go by.
Last night we were watching America's Best Dance Crew (hey, there was nothing better on TV and we were feeding the baby). Anyways, she starts dancing with the music! She hold her head up very well now because she loves being on her tummy. I'm told this is unusual for a baby, most dislike tummy time. She's a strong girl. She was sitting up my stomach and music comes on and she starts rocking around and kind of bouncing to the music. Ben and I were so entertained! Looks like we have a little dancing machine on our hands.
The other best part of the night is that she's started touching my face when I hold her. For probably two hours last night I held her and she kept putting her hand on my cheek. Ben got jealous and had to try but she didn't want to touch his face (hey, get rid of the beard and she might be interested).
Have a great weekend, we're going to try to go to Ben's soccer game tonight. It was 30 degrees this morning but it's supposed to warm up tonight. Don't worry, I won't take her out if it's too cold. And of course the super bowl is Sunday. Fun times!
No comments:
Post a Comment