We had a fun weekend! Friday Betsy's Uncle JD came in town and spent a couple nights with us. JD is a VERY hands on uncle, he provided 'back up' support for Ben during diaper changes, fed Betsy a few bottles, and held and cuddled the baby as much as possible in one weekend. JD tells Betsy repeatedly that she is the prettiest baby in the whole world, she has beautiful eyes (JD has decided they are cornflower blue, which happens to be his favorite color).
Saturday Ben's cousins Christi, Jonathan and Kristen decided to come in town from Dallas to meet Betsy! She got lots of attention and cuddling, though the first half of their visit she spent sleeping in the arms of one cousin or the other. When she finally woke up she impressed all with her ability to make eye contact and hold her head up, what a genius baby we have! We all had dinner with my in-laws, (lasagna, my FAVORITE!) then we headed home where Ben promptly fell asleep. Poor guy, he's having a hard time getting over this cold thing he has, but thankfully my and Betsy's immune systems are working hard and neither of us have come down with it yet.
Tomorrow Betsy and I are running errands (to the mall, to the grocery store, and going on a walk) then we plan to go watch Ben's soccer teams play. The varsity team won all three games this weekend, so their record is 6 and 1 at this point. I'll also start packing for my trip, I'm heading to Atlanta with the baby on Wednesday! I'm staying Wed-Sunday, and it takes a lot of planning when traveling with a 6 week old. I'm a little sad already, it's my last week of maternity leave, but I'm kind of looking forward to getting back to work.
Well, I'm going to watch the rest of the Pittsburgh vs Baltimore playoff game, Betsy has graciously decided to sleep through both Sunday night football games so Ben and I have enjoyed an evening of Chili's curbside to go and football fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment