Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hi Ho, It's off to work I go.

I think a person's attitude play a huge role in how they handle difficult situations. Monday was my first day back at work. I thought I would be an emotional wreck but I wasn't. It helps a lot that 1. the baby is staying with my father-in-law, and there is no one else I would rather her be with more so than our families. 2. Betsy is a good baby, I wasn't worried about her crying all day because she's never been like that! 3. My wonderful husband is dropping the baby at his parents house on the way to work so I don't have to 'leave' her. This is a huge help, I think it would have been more difficult for me to drop her off before I went to work.

There were no tears Monday. All day Sunday and Monday I was acknowledging good things about my life and praying about going back to work. I know God was with me Monday, I couldn't have done it without him. I made a mental list of things I was happy about! Let me share a few:

1. My baby is safe and well taken care of.
2. I got to catch up with my coworkers.
3. I have a good job with great insurance, something I TRULY came to appreciate with all the medical expenses we had with both hospitalizations.
4. I didn't have to buy new pants to wear to work.
5. The baby went to bed at 10:30 pm and didn't wake up until 6:30 when we fed her and dressed her to go to Grandpa's. I really enjoyed a full night of sleep.
6. I was back home with my two favorite Schnauzers! Madison and Ben!
7. My house was clean and my laundry done before I went back to work.
8. The Superbowl is Sunday! And we love football.
9. Ben's soccer team won their third tournament, that means they won all three tournaments this year!
10. Watching my baby with her pacifier. Have you ever seen Maggie Simpson on the Simpsons? That's what Betsy looks like.

2 comments:

Miranda said...

Yay Shan! Good for you for being so positive. I admit, I cried a little, but she was still asleep when I left and I missed seeing her in the morning. But once I was at work I was fine, and the next day it wasn't a big deal!

Sounds like you are very blessed!

Anonymous said...

Shannon, you are better than me! I had a horrible 1st day back but after that it got easier. I think yo are right, it helps if they sleep. I still am up and down all night and it is tough being so tired! Be thankful you have a baby that sleeps. I am glad you are doing well!