Thursday, January 22, 2009

Travel success!












Air travel with Betsy was great. The local airport is so small, only 6 gates, so there was no crowd and I only had to walk about twenty feet from where my father-in-law dropped us off to check-in and check our suitcase. I took the stroller and car seat to the gate and the security people were very helpful with getting all my stuff through the security check.

There were only about 8 people on the entire plane so Betsy and I had a whole seat to ourselves. (see pictures of her sleeping in the seat next to me). I fed her at 12:45 and we left for the airport at 1:00, and Betsy didn't eat again for 5.5 hours when we met my Mom and sister for dinner. She slept the whole time! Not one peep out of her on the plane. People were so helpful offering to help me carry her diaper bag or maneuver our luggage but really, it wasn't necessary. Sleeping babies are easy to handle.

I fed Betsy her night bottle then Granny REALLY wanted her to sleep with her. So I put the (fed, dry) baby in bed with my Mom at 11:30 and she slept 8 hours! Granny just got to cuddle the sweet girl, then I woke up at 7 and came in to change and snuggle with her. Then Granny fed her a bottle before she headed to work. My cousin Gina came over shortly after and met Betsy. When my Mom gets home from work we'll be going to lunch then taking the baby to my Mom's work to meet her coworkers. Yea!!

3 comments:

ChrisandLogue said...

Yay!! Glad your plane trip went well! Ellie loved the plane at that age too...we have yet to try flying with a toddler! Enjoy your family!!

Miranda said...

Yay Shan! I'm so glad it all went well for you!!

Beth said...

Shan, this post really made me see you as Shan the Mom, thinking about how all the strangers at the airport and on the plane saw you. It made me smile. :)