Monday, January 5, 2009

Monday Madness...





I love blogging in front of the fire. It's 32 degrees here in Central Texas. Not the best weather to be out and about with a four week old, but Betsy and I had to brave the elements to run some important errands today. We went to my place of employment to add her to my health insurance plan. I thank God we have good health insurance through our jobs, baby and hospital expenses were steep, but having good coverage makes all the difference in the world. The college has been closed since December 19th, and I had to add her within 30 days, so we toughed out the weather to get it done. On a happier note, I brought her to my department and she met all my coworkers. They loved her and thought she was pretty darn cute. She made Mommy proud by being a total cutie, and doing no fussing or crying while we were out. We also went by Wal-mart to pick up groceries and to get the ingredients necessary to make peanut butter brownies.

Ben's coworkers in the history department did the nicest thing the week after Betsy was born, right after my second hospitalization and brought us dinner from Chili's and gave us a monetary gift which we used to begin Betsy's college fund. It was so thoughtful and generous of them during a very stressful and hectic time. So tonight Ben and I cooked three batches of peanut butter brownies to disperse among the history, geography and government departments who all participated. Ben was supposed to have a soccer game tonight but due to inclement weather the game was cancelled and he stayed home and helped me bake while we watched the Fiesta bowl.

On an unrelated note, sometimes motherhood can be overwhelming. Take today for example. Betsy and I slept in (because we had a slumber party and stayed up ALL night!), I took a shower, she took her first bath in the bathtub (yea for finally losing her umblilical cord!), we got her all prettied up and we ran our errands. At 3:15 pm I realized despite feeding Betsy at 3:00, 6:00, 9:00, 12:00, and 3:00 I had neglected to feed myself or drink anything all day. WHAT WAS I THINKING?! I told Ben about it and he honestly can't comprehend how I forget to eat at times. I have become my father's daughter, I am SO BAD about this when I'm in the midst of a project. Days I spend on my sewing orders, forget it! If Ben doesn't ask me what I ate for lunch or dinner those days I forget about it.

Anyhow, we had sandwiches and fat free pringles for dinner and I made up for my missed calories at breakfast and lunch during the brownie making. It's been a pretty fun day.

P.S. My Mom keeps asking for Betsy pictures but today she wouldn't have it! She has been asleep all day and won't keep her eyes open for me to get a good one. Oh well, I tried, here are some pictures from today including a picture of our delicious brownies.

2 comments:

Sara Player said...

I love how she is always sticking her tongue out! She's so sweet.

Nana said...

She is a real cutie, just like her mommy. I so look forward to seeing her pictures on your blog. Keep them coming. Give Betsy and Ben a kiss for me.

Love you,

Nana