Thursday, February 4, 2010

I'm thinking vacation

With the recent discovery that we will be getting a decent tax refund this year I'm contemplating a family vacation. Ben and I leave home travel pretty often to see my family (or his Texas family), however those trips are centered on bonding with the extended family. I think we need a trip where we do something different.

First I was considering a cruise, however I have no interest in leaving Betsy for several days (and i don't see a cruise being as fun with a toddler). So now I'm considering a few days at Disney World. The beauty would be we can get to Florida, spend some time at my parent's house, maybe leave Betsy with Gee Gee and Grandbuddy for a night or two and Ben and I could stay at a Disney resort! Ben has never been to Disney World and it's been about 8 years since I have too.

Mainly we will be using our refund to get the custom entertainment unit built in our living room that I've been dreaming about for at least a year. I might meander over to the Unfinished Furniture store with BB this weekend and get some solid details ironed out. It's hard for me to put this amount of money into one thing but I guess I should look at it as an investment in our home (because we will most likely leave it with the house should we sell it in the future).

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Andy wants to do Disney also. Love the idea of a family vacation.

TexasCoy said...

When do you guys want to go Lisa? What would yall do with A and J?

Lisa said...

we'd love to meet up and go, but Andy refuses to go when the kids are this little, haha. He has no sense of adventure. We're going down to Pensecola when he gets back for a weekend trip. I haven't been to Disney since 1990, my parents want to Christmas at Disney this year, but Andy wants to veto it b/c of their age. boooo on him, he doesn't get a vote anyways