Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The best feeling

This morning Betsy woke up early (as she had gone to bed an hour early last night). Ben brought her in bed with a bottle and she noisily sucked it down. We gave her pacifier back to her and she snuggled with us for about an hour before it was time to get up. I wish I could describe what's so sweet about snuggling with Betsy. Her skin is so soft. I rub her back under her shirt while she's next to me. She pushes as hard as she can against me. She nestles her head into my neck and under my hair if she can. She has these spurts of sucking her pacifier and she's loud! I feel her ninnie move in time against my cheek to the squeak, squeak, squeak noises she makes. She sighs often in her sleep and her heavy breathing is like taking a tranqilizer. Nothing mellows me out more than Betsy sleeping next to me. It makes me slow down to feel her breathing, hear her 'ninnieing' and appreciate the moment. I laid there the whole time with a smile on my face and got out of bed on the 'right' side this morning.

1 comment:

Nance228 said...

*sigh*

So well written. This is my favorite time of day as well. Nukking and cuddling. Makes me ache just thinking about how much I miss her during the workday. (((EJB & JED)))