Our solution to the crib climbing dilemma was to get Betsy a toddler bed. I never intended to buy Bets a toddler bed. I was planning to use a crib until she was 2 or so then switch to a big bed (most likely a twin day bed). As she is still so little I decided the toddler bed was a good compromise. It's only a foot off the ground so she's less likely to hurt herself if she falls. it has built in rails going down either side to discourage rolling out. Also if we have another baby in the future we can use this again. So here it is...Betsy and the big girl bed!




I have a couple more items in mind to make. One large sham for a standard size pillow....made out of the brocade with some sort of trim. And a travel size pillow (which is proving most difficult to find) with a soft cotton pillowcase for nightly use. The travel pillow seems like a better fit for Betsy right now. A standard pillow takes up so much of her space.
2 comments:
WOW such a big girl! Her bedding looks great! You are so lucky you sew, toddler bedding is ugly and overpriced! I am so impressed she slept in there! I don't think I could keep Macy in the bed she would be in every drawer pulling everything out!
Did you find the travel-size pillow? We got ours at BB& Beyond for around $10. Cute room!
Post a Comment