1. Even if you're not a mother to a baby, but a bottle brush. They seem perfect for washing out cups and wine glasses. NO, I don't wash cups or wine glasses with Betsy's bottle brush.
2. I miss my Mom and Dad more since I've had the baby. I have a deeper appreciation for the sacrifices they made for us. I think about things all the time they did for us that I want to do for Betsy.
3. Babies love eye contact with their mother. It reminds me of this scene from the movie "Baby's Mama" with Amy Poehler and Tina Few when Steven Martin says "I'll now reward you with five minutes of uninterrupted eye contact." After I feed her a bottle Betsy 'rewards me with 5 minutes of uninterrupted eye contact'.
4. I'm terrified to have another baby. I try not to think about it, because it won't happen for several years down the road, but I'm struggling with the idea. For this reason I'm trying to make healthier decisions with my diet and lose some weight, I feel like I need to be in optimal health.
5. I'm also terrified of teething. Happy babies get unhappy while they teethe. *shutter at the thought of unhappy babies*.
6. Now that I'm back to work Ben and I compete for Betsy's attention when we're home. She is so beautiful, and babies seem to grow before your very eyes.
7. Yesterday it occurred to me that babies don't STAY babies very long. By 4 months they start eating cereal. By 6 months, fruits and veggies! By a year, table food.
8. I have a deeper appreciation for my in-laws since Betsy has gone to stay at their house while I'm at work. She's safe, healthy and thriving.
9. I'd like to make a road trip this summer to see all my family on the east coast. I mean Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and Florida. I would like to take 2-3 weeks and do this and I'm pretty sure Ben is open to the idea.
10. I'm really thrilled to be in touch with my cousin's on my Mom's side of the family. This is a recent development. It made my day to hear from my cousin Christina yesterday, I saw my cousin's Gina and Gregory last week, and I see my cousin's Cynthia, Jessica and Becky all the time in Killeen. And I love technology, blogs, email, and facebook make it easy to know what's going on in every one's lives.
11. At the age of 25 I never thought I would research things like 'high blood pressure', 'Congestive heart failure' and 'cardiomyopathy'. I also never thought I would take my blood pressure every time I got a headache. You've gotta do what you've got to do.
12. I want to know more about how to make your own baby food. I found a really cool machine at William-Sonoma, but I don't think it's worth the price. I think I'll just use my food processor. Anyone who knows about making baby food, please give me your feedback!
13. Ben and I watched a movie completely uninterrupted last night. I usually read a book while I watch a movie. It has to be a REALLY good movie to hold my attention alone. We watched The Duchess with Keira Knightley and Ralph Finnes.
14. It's funny how quickly you develop confidence in your parenting abilities. I questioned myself so much at the beginning. Getting out of the house with the baby seemed like a huge undertaking. Not anymore!
15. It's Friday and I have a free weekend!!
3 comments:
Hey, I made all of Elliott's baby food. Well the first few days I didnt but then my neighbor turned me on to this website
http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/
They give you reciepes, how to freeze it, appropriate foods for ages, and sample menus.
Trying to find that ideal menu for a baby is so difficult... especially when they get older. I'm still figuring out what to feed a *toddler* but I'm doing great.
I kinda fell back into the pattern of commercial food right before we left to Ireland but while there his mom really helped me out with how to transition into table food (really is a different world from purees). But its amazing how much of a vairety Elliott eats (we went to a hibachi grill the other day, and Elliott ate EVERYTHING on my plate, including the jalapeno chicken!
And pleaseeee dont buy any machines for it. the food processor is perfect, and buy some cheap ice cube trays at target! Email me or facebook me and I can tell you all you need to know!!
Hey girl! Mom and I are TOTALLY buying the food processor at WS, and I have the cookbook already that goes with it! I talked to someone at your shower that told me they spent, like, 2 or 3 days making all of the food for the next few months, froze it, and that's really how easy it was. Since I'm not working (or assuming I won't be at that point in time) I'd be happy to make up twice the amount for Betsy! Or, if it doesn't turn out quite like that, maybe we can split the cost of it and trade-off!? Anyway, just letting you know I have the cookbook, so don't worry about that part! Lemme know!
Shan - looks like you've already gotten lots of good help from your friends. I've been thinking of doing this also (my friend w/ twins did it and loved it), and I've been looking at some books at B&N.
http://tinyurl.com/cmg5tg
Post a Comment