Thursday, December 3, 2009

Errands

I've taken to using my lunch break to run errands. Monday and Tuesday this week were to the post office. Wednesday was Wal-mart. Thursday is Hobby Lobby. Friday I don't have a lunch break because I work a half day.

Do you do this?

I like it because I can get Betsy and go straight home (not dragging her around in cold weather). However, I kind of miss the days when I would eat lunch, read a book and have an hour of actual relaxation during my day. I know a lot of people don't take a lunch break but my boss insists upon it. We're working with people the whole day and it's nice to shut the door and slow down mentally.

Especially this time of year, I feel like I'm "going" from the moment I get out of bed until I fall asleep. I enjoy a TV show a couple times per week but I'm doing something while I watch (addressing Christmas cards, wrapping presents, unloading the dishwasher, making bottles, folding clothes etc.)

Alas, I need to wrap this up so I can wrap myself up in a coat and head to Hobby lobby.

On an unrelated note, tomorrow is my work holiday party and I'm really excited about it. It's supposed to snow tomorrow, and I can't wait to have a fire in the fireplace, turn on the Christmas music, and have my coworkers over for some relaxation! I'm sure I'll share pictures tomorrow.

2 comments:

Miranda said...

Yup, I do run errands on my lunch break, I only get a half hour though so it has to be a quick lunch break.

Risala Furniture said...

Great job, This content is very very great content, I got really good information from this content and it helps me a lot, I hope it can help many people like me. roller blinds in abu dhabi