Tuesday night I was in a bad mood. First, I left work early to pick Betsy up from daycare. She was in a great mood. Everything seemed fine. We get home and I take one step through the back door when "Blech!" she vomits all down the front of me. "Blech!" she did it again. Oh it was smelly. Yuck.
Not a big deal, I take her to the bathroom to clean her up and as I turn on the faucet I get two drops of water. ACK!? NO WATER?! I stripped Betsy down and cleaned her up with a wipe, put on her PJs and jumped in the car. Then we drove around the neighborhood to see if there was some sort of construction happening. I didn't see any! I ran home and found our latest water bill. I called the emergency number and learned it was due to a water leak off the main road.
I whipped up some dinner for Betsy and by the time she was done eating her weight in cereal bar, grilled cheese, grapes and sweet potatoes the water was back on. HALLELUJAH!
Moral of the story, stuff often happens at the worst possible time. You've gotta roll with the punches!
No comments:
Post a Comment