Monday, November 10, 2008

Busy weekend




This will be a long update post.

Great news: Ben's Varsity girls made it to the state cross country meet! It's Saturday about 45 minutes from our house, so unless it's pouring I'm going to go watch the meet. He is VERY excited, and spent lots of time looking up the running times for their competition last night. He says the girls have a shot at doing really well at the state meet. Also, he's heading to a friend's hunting lodge Saturday night. Ben doesn't 'get away' a whole lot and I know he's feeling worn out working the extra sport this year so I think a day and night away in the wilderness will be good for him :)

Things I accomplished this weekend: Sewed and embroidered 9 burp cloths, embroidered an apron, three hats and seven blankets. Made a couple returns at Old Navy and Target, stopped at the sewing store for threads I needed, got my hair trimmed and even cleaned out my car! I also stocked our diaper bag, hopefully we won't need it for at least 3 more weeks. This might be the first weekend...EVER I got everything done on my to-do list.

Saturday night we had dinner with my Uncle Bo's family who lives about a mile down the road. My cousin Cynthia is expecting a baby boy the same time I am (her C-section is 12/28) and it's so fun to get together and talk babies and pregnant lady stuff. I took a picture of Cynthia and I which a friend aptly named "the battle of the baby bumps".

Sunday while I was finishing my sewing Ben did the grocery shopping and surprised me by getting our Christmas tree!! It has to be artificial because I am SOOO allergic to real trees. Every tree. And grass. And bushes. And flowers. Hey, I was mother EARTH for Halloween, not mother nature.

He asked "should we put it up?" well OF COURSE!!! This was our first year to have a tree, last year we were in Atlanta, and saving up to buy our house so we ruled out the Christmas tree. I did buy some Christmas decor at Hobby Lobby for 70-90% off so we have some tree decorations. I've decided to have a Santa themed tree. We have about 15 or 20 Santa ornaments right now and I look forward to adding ornaments every year! I just love Christmas. I do love the tree, decor and presents, but even more I love that it makes me stop and think about my blessings. Especially this year!

That's all for today, I'll try not to go so long between posts, I just have all this nesting energy that I can't sit still while I'm at home :)

1 comment:

T. Hamden said...

OH I'M SO GLAD YOU GOT YOUR CHRISTMAS TREE UP! Now I won't be the only lunatic who has theirs up before Thanksgiving! Ours is going up this weekend....SWEET!