Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Veterans Day!



I had Tuesday off due to Veterans Day. It was a nice day. I still woke up about 7:30 to let Madison out, then she wanted me to lay in bed and rest a little longer (seriously, she laid across my chest and hugged me while I was in bed). I went to Ross to pick up a couple things, went to Hobby Lobby and bought Ben and my stockings and stocking holders. I had lunch with my Mother, Sister, and Father-In-Law at McAllisters deli (yum!), and I went by Walmart to pick up our baby monitors which had been free-shipped to the store!

When I came home I messed with the stockings trying to figure out if I could embroider them, I really wanted to do that. I was shocked to realize I could tear the tops apart, embroider the velvet part, turn them inside out and resew them together. It was easier than it sounds but it was still a hassle. I think it was worth it! Hobby Lobby had the stockings 50% off this week, so for $5 each I think they are great. I bought 4 extra stockings for the baby and future children (not planning on having that many kids, but I also had to leave room to mess up stockings I was trying to embroider).

Last night I was looking at our mantel with the four stockings hanging across and only two had names on them. We still haven't decided on Baby B's name, so I grabbed her most recent ultrasound and pinned it to the name portion. So if she comes early, she'll know which stocking is hers.

Ben came home from school, football is over and he was home by 4:30 (isn't that great?!) and he made his favorite dish- Macaroni and cheese with hamburger. My stomach couldn't handle that so I made myself pancakes then we cleaned the kitchen together afterwards. Yea! Ben for being such a great helper :) OH! he also refilled my humidifier for me, and let me tell you, it has a big water tank and it's kind of awkward for me to fill so that was so sweet he noticed it was empty and took care of it. In our marriage it's the little things that mean the most to each other.

No comments: