Monday, August 2, 2010

10 minute update

Here's a quick post about the happenings around these parts!

1. Registration began at the college today and therefor I am super busy at work. LOTS of overtime, and the days fly by (that's pretty nice, I didn't look at the clock once between 7:30 and 12 today. Cross country practice officially began this morning, though I haven't talked to Ben about how it went. I think football starts in a week and we won't be seeing much of Ben for a while after that!

2. I'm really excited to be throwing a baby shower for my brother and sister in law in a week and a half! It's cowboy themed and it's been pretty easy to plan.

3. My mom is visiting in a week and a half and I cannot wait to see her! Somehow her presence is both soothing and conducive to me being productive.

4. Betsy's big girl furniture will be ready this weekend! I can't wait to pick it up and organize her room and move the other furniture to New Baby's room.

5. Obviously we haven't decided a name yet, because I literally refer to the kiddo in utero as 'new baby'.

6. I touched up the paint in NB's room last night! It looks much better. Ben put together the crib so it is slowly but surely becoming a nursery!

7. We went to the outlet mall and lunch yesterday and met up with Uncle JD. The boys had A BALL at the Carters outlet. Ben picked stuff for JD's little boy and JD bought a kitty outfit for Ben's little girl. How adorable are they? We also exchanged the (beautiful but pricey) diaper bag Ben surprised me with for my birthday for a less expensive purse at the Coach outlet. I love the purse, and I feel 50% as guilty about the money spent as the cost was 50% that of the diaper bag.

8. Ben has an ear infection and I hope he went to the doctor today. I hate when he's sick but it was kind of like having another baby in the house. I pushed Tylenol on him every four hours. I rubbed his back as he went to sleep. And Betsy climbed in bed, patted his back and said "Poor big baby". That is one insightful kid.

9. Betsy had her first injury this weekend. She slammed her finger in a door and screamed bloody murder. Within 60 seconds she was over it, and jumping on the bed I might add, but I stood there with tears in my eyes and an expression of horror on my face for a long time.

10. And because I know the family wonders how I'm doing, my blood pressure has consistently been low since my doctor appointment. It averages about 112/80.

No comments: