Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ella's Room, take 1

The furniture is in place and the bedding has come in for Ella's room! I picked up curtains this weekend but I plan to embellish them as well (either with ribbon, ricrac or trim) and hem them too. The only other project I have in mind is to sew a decorative table cover for the decorator table in the room.

I'm looking for young-looking wall art to go in the room. The e-l-l-a letters will hang over the tall dresser, against the wall directly in front of you when you walk in the room. I also moved a cork board with ornate white frame from Betsy's room to hang over the book shelf and hold pictures of Ella and family.

I don't have much direction on what I want, but the space above the changing table is large and blank and I'm looking for ideas. Probably something primarily white, because I think the darker pink color in the bedding (and the ELLA letters) can look a little older than the baby phase and I don't want there to be wall decorations that look like they are suited to a pre-teen.

I'm also SO excited that sweet Tiffany and JD (my brother and sister-in-law) graciously offered to buy the mobile for the baby's room, as a thank you for throwing their baby shower! I think it'll add a little something extra to the room and while I know it's not a necessity there were lots of times when Betsy was a baby that I could turn the mobile on and have an extra five or ten minutes to put away laundry while she stayed entertained.






I would love some suggestions for wall decorations that compliment the crib bedding colors and patterns!

No comments: