Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Alphabet Soup

The only cartoons Betsy likes are those on PBS. On weekday mornings she watches a few minutes of 'Martha Speaks' about a dog who eats a bowl of alphabet soup and the letters get lost on the way to her stomach, go to her brain so she suddenly knows how to speak! This must be what happened to Betsy this morning, someone fed her alphabet soup.

Once she was ready and I was getting ready she grabbed the case that holds my blood pressure cuff, put it over her wrist like a purse and said

"Bye Mommy! *wave* Have a great day!"

We progress to the kitchen (she's already eaten a cereal bar and a banana). While I'm packing her lunch she gets a granola bar out of the pantry and chases me around the house with it. She tells me "Eat your breakfast!" (bossy much?!)

We get to school and I lead her into her class room. Her teacher says "Hello Betsy! How are you doing?"

Betsy says, "I'm fine, how are you doing?"

Who is this mini person living in my home?!

No comments: