I was really happy that the owner of the cleaning company came to meet with us, and Ben could be here when she came over. We were uncomfortable with the idea of a stranger coming into our home to clean but this company is bonded, insured, a member of the Better Business Bureau and the Chamber of Commerce. We talked about the services they offered and the cost and we decided to sign up for the service.
Ben was not thrilled about spending the money to do this but there is no doubt that it's impossible in the fall for him to do anything around the house except for Sundays. After the long work week I've determined that if I don't get off my feet as soon as I get home in the evening my swelling doesn't go away by the morning.
I think reading the list of things they do when cleaning showed Ben that it's really a beneficial idea to do these things. We don't get around the cleaning the blinds too often, or the base boards, or the ceiling fans. I can manage a quick wipe down of the bathrooms a couple times per week, but the idea of someone coming in and mopping our 1500 square feet of tile (soon to be 1800 when my Dad tiles the girls' rooms) has me ecstatic.
I'm not sure that we will continue with this service long-term, but it's nice to have one big thing off my to-do list for a few months!
1 comment:
I'm SO SO SO jealous Shan. I wish we could fit this into our budget. It would save DH and I so many arguments. Enjoy!
Post a Comment