Monday, August 30, 2010

Let the countdown commence!

I've been playing mind games with myself for the past six weeks. I keep setting goals for my pregnancy, and feeling safer about the health of the new baby as I reach those goals. My first milestone is 27 weeks pregnant, which is right around the corner, and when Ella would have a much higher chance of survival than any earlier. My next goal is 30 weeks, because there would be a significantly lower chance of developmental issues once we reached that point. And of course my ultimate goal is 37 weeks when Ella will be full term, and fully developed. I'm also hoping to stay off bed rest until I reach 36 weeks pregnant, though there is not much I can do to control that. What I CAN do, I have been doing, which basically consists of voluntarily taking it easy.

The count down:

There are 80 days until Ella is considered full-term.

There are 101 days until my due date.

Which also means there are 99 days until Betsy turns two years old!

In other pregnancy news, I've been having a few Braxton-Hicks contractions a day (but less than I was having 6 weeks ago). My nausea is mostly gone. I can count on one hand the number of times I've been sick this pregnancy. I'm sleeping well, though I have to get up about five times per night for trips to the bathroom. And my weight gain has leveled out at about 1/2 pound per week. Overall we're in great shape :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Thats great! 80 days doesn't sound so far away and I can't believe Betsy is going to be 2!