Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Current happenings.

Betsy is a wild child (in a good way). She's a happy little camper until she gets tired and at the first sign of fatigue I put her down for a nap. She's become at eating fool, and the routine set by daycare agrees with her. We've started putting her hair in pigtails i.e. schnauzertails to keep her bangs out of her eyes. She looks like a cross between Cindy Loo Who and Pippy Longstockings. Betsy's new favorite thing is flinging herself onto the pile of decorative pillows in our bedroom. She gets a running start and bounces face first off the pillows onto her behind. She laughs hysterically at this. Betsy also has discovered how to play hide-and-go-seek. Mostly we hide and she seeks. We can stay in the same spot, she forgets us, then seeks us AGAIN. It's wild around here I tell ya.

Ben's soccer team is doing well. He says they didn't play well last night but they still won their game. He's hopeful for a great season. This coming weekend is his last tournament and I look forward to having him home weekends the rest of the year!

This weekend I detoxed from caffeine (mostly). Diet Coke has been my vice for years but I'm trying to cut it out of my diet completely. I'm down to one small diet coke a day and I'm having some withdrawal symptoms. I have a headache, I'm a little nauseated and my shoulders feel tense. Luckily I slept off the worst of it this weekend while I was recovering from a bout of stomach illness. I'll give myself a week or two of one DC a day before cutting it out completely. This is the fifth day I've limited my caffeine consumption to one can of DC. Tomorrow a coworker and I are going to start exercising on our lunch break together. I'm excited to get out of the office, make a healthy change but not have to lose sleep in the morning or cut into my precious time with Ben and Bets in the evenings. AND I'm gearing up for another trip to visit my Mama soon! Hopefully in 3.5 weeks Betsy and I will spend the weekend with Granny.

That's all! 2010 is all about healthy choices in our household, Ben and I are trying to get in stellar shape so we can be stellar parents to Betsy and Madison.

1 comment:

Miranda said...

Wonderful!

I have found in the many times I have given up caffeine, that it's easier and shortens the withdrawl headaches if you just go cold-turkey. At least for me. Cutting down gradually just made the headaches last longer I thought! Good Luck Shan! I know you can do it!