Last night after Betsy went to bed Ben and I watched the latest movie in our Netflicks queries...Whip It, directed by Drew Barrymore and starring Kristen Wiig and Ellen Paige.
We both really liked it. It's set in a small town outside of Austin, Texas. It talked about the 'Bluebonnet Brewery' being the only reason people visited Bliss Cavendar (Ellen Paige) home town. This made Ben and I think this was supposed to be based in Brenham, Texas where the Bluebell Ice Cream factory is. Ben used to coach right outside of Brenham and we can attest to its small town authenticity. I'm not going to give a summary of the movie (because I don't want to ruin it for you if you plan to watch it) but we enjoyed it. How could we not, we sang along with the main character to 'Deep in the Heart of Texas!'. It had a great cast, Ellen Paige, Drew Barrymore, Kristen Wiig, Eve, Jimmy Fallon, Marcia Gay Harden and Andrew Wilson (brother to Owen and Luke Wilson). We give it a Bralley two thumbs up.
1 comment:
glad to here it is good...adding it to our queue!
~CC
Post a Comment