Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Home on MLK day!

In honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. the college gave us the day off from work. We used it wisely! When Betsy woke up we snuggled in bed for an hour while she drank a bottle and we watched PBS cartoons. Then she ate breakfast and I got her dressed and took her to visit her Grandpa and Grandma! They graciously watched Betsy for about an hour so I could go get new tires put on my car. It was a successful trip, there are some pretty sweet Michelin Destiny tires on my Camry now.

I came home from Discount Tire but first stopped to pick up breakfast for myself and a snack for the babies. Betsy and William split a box of Chicken Minis. Betsy LOVES chicken minis. After snack we met my mother and sister-in-law at Target and Ross to do some shopping. Grandma found a little dress on sale for Betsy for next Christmas. I think I can put her monogram on the dress, so I'm a happy camper :)

I got a call from my cousin Cynthia and she and her baby Isaiah came over to play for a while. Betsy and Isaiah play SO well together. They played chase inside the ball pit. They had some goldfish snack together. Cynthia and I had Isiah walk back and forth to us, he's up to 6 steps at a time! My Uncle Bo stopped by to say hi to us and those cute babies. I didn't take many pictures but here's the dynamic duo in action.







After Cynthia and Isiah went home Betsy *finally* went down for a nap. I got the dishes done and the house organized while she slept. I also sewed a baby blanket (you may laugh, but the girl who always takes my order at Chickfila is having a baby boy and I happen to know the name, and we ARE on a first name basis so YES I did bring her a monogrammed blanket on my way to work this morning).

Betsy woke up, I fed her dinner, she got a bath.

Does this face not scream "Mom. You've gotta be kidding me. In the bath?!"

It's too bad Betsy doesn't have any toys to play with in the tub.
Look how long her legs look in this picture. What a big girl!
Her new thing is to throw a toy out of the tub then peek to see where it landed. Like this-

Perhaps her least favorite part of bath time, rinsing of the hair.
While bathing all she talks about is duck duck duck and Daddy Daddy Daddy. It's not often I get to give the sweet girl a bath!
After bath time, it was PJs, webcam with Granny for a while, bottle for Bets, baby to bed, cleaning the playroom, shower, pack lunches and SLEEP for me!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Shannon, you really should get that sweet girl some more toys! lol

ChrisandLogue said...

Looks like a great day! You are so lucky to have family so close by...i'm jealous! : ) Betsy is such a pretty little lady!

~CC