Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Update on daycare changes

Betsy had a great day yesterday with the exception that she ate a whole lot, but barely drank any milk. I sent three 7 ounce bottles to daycare and in her bag was one bottle with about 4 ounces left. When I dropped her off this morning I realized she didn't drink any from the other two (I thought they were empty in her cubby).

My plan is for her to drink large bottles in the morning and before bed. 7-8 ounces. She eats food all day, so if she's getting 15 ounces of milk between those two bottles I think she's doing OK. Not to mention she always eats a yogurt and a piece of cheese during the day so I think she's getting plenty of calcium.

Last night like a good southern baby, Betsy ate barbecue pulled pork. It was great, I made it in the crock pot. She loved it at first, then shared the rest with Madison. She also didn't care much for the broccoli and carrots with cheese made by Gerber. I didn't push it. She was SO tired after all that fun and hit the hay at 7:10 last night, which gave me a chance to watch the Fiesta bowl.

2 comments:

Freakley Family said...

Shan! We had the same issue with Daniel and the bottles when he switched over to "the toddler room". When he was in the "baby room" (6 wks-12 mos) he was drinking 3 bottles a day, but literally the day he switched over to the toddler room...bye bye bottles. He wanted nothing to do with them cause he was just way too busy having fun. So he was getting 1 9oz bottle of 2% milk before school and another bottle at bed time. About 3 weeks ago, he decided he was done with bottles all together, so now we're on the same routine, just with sippy cups. Our doctor said it's just him naturally weening himself off the bottle...so funny how one day they HAVE to have what they HAVE to have then the next they want nothing to do with it!

As for your previous post about snacks...Daniel is an eating machine and has almost all of his teeth now, so he eats a pretty wide variety of food, but our favorite snacks right now are string cheese, pringles (cause they aren't as greasy as regular chips and he likes the crunch), grapes, apples, bananas, strawberries, cheerios with milk, goldfish, pretzels, crackers...pretty much anything he can get his hands on! HA!

ChrisandLogue said...

Feeding a toddler is so confusing! Wasn't it so easy when they were only on bottles!?! Sounds like your doing a great job and Betsy's obviously growing and developing fabulously...but man just bottles were so easy! : ) Ellie shuns most fruits and veggies, except beans and bananas, for now. It totally stresses me out trying to sneak more fruits/veggies into her diet