Monday, January 4, 2010

Goals for 2010

I don't have any resolutions for the new year but I have a few goals.

1. Write a novel. I've had a couple ideas bouncing around my brain for years and it's time to accomplish this goal. I have come to enjoy writing in the past year and I would like to write a novel and try to get it published.

2. Get healthy. I have weight to lose but more than that I want to eat less junk food, become more active and establish positive healthy habits Betsy will eventually pick up on. I've started COOKING! I've cooked three meals in the last few days and I'd like to limit our going out to eat to once a week. I think we can make it happen!

3. Not *over* do it. I love entertaining and making things pretty. That's part of who I am and it's not going to change. However I need to keep myself a priority and not over do things. Like party planning, and gift giving. I still want to do these things, but I can ask for help and just because I HAVE an idea doesn't mean I have to execute it.

4. Be a saver. For a long time Ben and I have been paying the bills, paying our retirement accounts and living off of what's left. It's not BAD but it could be better. We need to be more diligent about how we're spending and do a better job of saving.

No comments: