Tuesday, September 15, 2009

All about ATL.

We had a great trip to Atlanta. Betsy was an angel on both flights (there and back). She was so good on Thursday, despite waking up at 4 am to head to Georgia, going out to lunch, tailgating for 5 hours and going to a football game!

The GT game was a blast, except that I got sick (again) as soon as I got to the stadium. It was...rough. Needless to say I am so glad both my parents were there (one to take care of Betsy and one to take care of ME!).

I got a good night sleep and felt well enough Friday to head to the Yellow Daisy festival where we met up with Aunt Mary and Uncle Glen! It was awesome to see them, and the YDF was tons of fun. I bought Betsy some puppets and I'm going to sew her a backdrop where myself or (more likely) Ben can have puppet shows for her and her little friends. FUNNY: we sat down at dinner and my Dad was talking to Betsy "You don't know who you're messing with," so she promptly grabs his glass of water, and it spilled all over my Dad. That's Betsy speak for "Grand-Buddy, YOU don't know who you're messing with."

Saturday I was still feeling puny so we stayed home and played with Bets until it was time to get ready to head downtown and see Chicago at the Fox theatre! Mom and I met up with Sean and Laur and two of their friends at the Cheese Cake factory before the show. Dad stayed home and bonded with Bets. We LOVED the show. Chicago is fantastic.

Sunday we embroidered, packed, and hung out before we stopped at Atlantic station for lunch and getting dropped off at the airport.

GREAT trip all around. Next time, I endeavor to be WELL so we can run around at our usual frantic pace rather than the 'take-it-easy' marathon we indulged in. (NAPS! Every day!).

No comments: