I'm making the executive decision to cater the party I'm throwing in two weeks. The invitation list is longer than other parties I've thrown and I just don't think I can whip up enough appetizers in my (or my in-laws!) ovens to keep these people fed! So I'm going to get Mexican food catered. It turns out, this will be less expensive than buying the groceries to make the appetizers planned. I'm debating the rental of a margarita machine. This IS a happy hour shower. And I DON'T care for beer myself. So I think beer and margaritas sound like a good option to go with a fajita bar, chips, and queso.
Hmmm. What else? Maybe some Mexican themed cupcakes? I could make key-lime flavored cupcakes. My Mom has a Mexican cheesecake recipe. Anyone have any Mexican themed desserts to go with this plan (Laine?!)? Anyone free October 17th to come help me put this party together?
Also, Ben and I asked our dear friends the Osbornes to keep Betsy for a few hours that night (during the party). They mentioned if it's up to their kids we won't get Betsy back! I love how much they love our baby. I feel the same way about their kiddos. With so many people coming, and the theme being a happy hour party, I'm going to ask people to make alternative arrangements for their kids. Do I need to mention that when they call? I mean, the invitations were addressed to the adults, so probably not.
I wonder why this party seems a little more overwhelming than most. Probably because I usually have my MOM as back-up when doing stuff like that, but she'll be enjoying the GT vs VT game that weekend.
Welp, wish me luck, and (please!?) share any ideas you think will help me pull this off.
5 comments:
sounds like you have everything covered and I can't be much help from Alabama, so I'll wish you luck. And I think the maragita machine is a good idea or you can premix the margaritas and do it on the rocks rather than getting a machine.
Smitten Kitchen has an excellent recipe for margarita shortbread cookies. We had them at our Tacos and Tequila party and they were a huge hit.
Sounds like you have everything covered. I think a margarita machine sounds like a great idea!
What time shall I show up? ☺
Sounds like you have everything in order. I'm a Tastefully Simple Pusher, myself, not because I sell it (I really don't, I'm not allowed) but I ♥♥♥ their Key Lime Cheese Ball. It's not a cheese ball but a Key Lime dessert. Serve with graham crackers and it's delish!!
Pls be sure to take lots of pics, this party sounds fantastic!
If you need some help, let me know. I can get some more people gathered up!
Post a Comment