Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fall in love with Fall!

I'm so excited to feel a hint of Autumn in the air. I love this time of year. Things I love about it:

- cooler weather
- occasional rain! (good for our grass!)
- work slows down a bit
- seeing the leaves on the trees change colors
- wearing sweaters
- Ben's chili or potato soup
- Seeing Maddie in her pretty girl doggie jacket
- COLLEGE FOOTBALL!
- going to the pumpkin patch our church puts on every year
- passing out (the good) candy to our trick or treaters
- the warm colors associated with fall
- all my favorite TV shows starting a new season!
- making Pumpkin Rolls (LOTS of them!)
- the lower electricity bill that comes with the cooler weather
- It's cool enough to put Betsy in overalls... and blue jeans
- It's cool enough to take longer walks in our park and come home invigorated, not a hot, sweaty mess
- Pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks

I'm sure there are many more things I love about Fall, I'll list them when I remember :)

**update**

Here's the Pumpkin Roll recipe!

http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/detail.aspx?ID=32372

I recommend using pecans instead of walnuts!

This recipe is always a HUGE hit when I make it. Seriously...people LOVE this. Plus my Grammy used to make them. And my Mom. And I want Betsy to wake up and smell pumpkin rolls baking and run into the kitchen and watch me on a Pumpkin Roll assembly line like my used to do!

And for Lara, I doubt it would ship well because it has cream cheese frosting. BUT if you come to Texas and we meet up I promise I'll bring you one!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

What are these magical Pumpkin Rolls that you speak of? :)

Recipe? :)

Lara said...

I'm uber excited to see TX in the Fall!!

And I might have to place an order for a pumkpin roll. Do they ship well? :)

Michael said...

I'm totally baking some pumpkin rolls this weekend in honor of the offical start of Fall on Tuesday! Of course, I will blog about it! : )

Samantha said...

Hey Shan, can you post Ben's potato soup recipe too?

Thanks,
SammyDearest (WWs)