The big surprise of my weekend is how quiet it's been! Betsy has been an eating and sleeping machine. She took a 2 hour nap yesterday morning, a 3 hour nap yesterday afternoon, slept 10 hours last night and is in the midst of another nap as I type. I love having the time to get things done, but secretly I look forward to her waking up so I can chase her around the house! I might be the only crazy mother out there who sits, checking the clock while my child naps rather than getting some rest myself.
Yesterday we stuck pretty close to home, I baked some cupcakes for Ben, cleaned out our two pantries, the refrigerator, went through Betsy's closet and drawers to clear out the clothes she's out grown, caught up on laundry, cleaned the bathrooms and my bedroom. And watched 6 college football games. And finished reading a book. We did make a trip to Wal-mart to get some baby food and yogurt, pick up prescriptions, and get some baking necessities so I can make sugar cookies today! I'm really excited to try a new icing recipe.
Ben will be home in a few hours, and as much as I missed him I'm pretty sure he missed us more. How could he not miss Betsy's sweet face? Sweet Betsy learned two new words this weekend! UP and PUP. She said "up" at least 10 times yesterday (each time she wanted me to pick her up). While we played with Madison I said puppy a lot and a couple times she repeated after me, "Pup".
Here's hoping the weekend can continue to be both relaxing and productive.
1 comment:
are you available for hire? I have a pantry for cleaning and I'm pretty sure I'd love to have some baking done too :)
And YAY for new words! I can't believe she's getting so big, so fast!
Post a Comment