
With the help of some mommy-friends of mine I overcame the urge, removed this item from my Amazon.com account, and allowed Betsy go about her business un-thud-guarded.
When she was first sitting up on her own, and when she was first pulling up on her own she was banging her head on stuff all.the.time. It scared me a great deal. Betsy has gotten much better and sitting, crawling, pulling up and even doing a little balanced standing on her own. She's figured out how to fall correctly without hurting herself (for the most part). And she's survived sans helmet.
What got me thinking about this is all the kiddos I saw with HUGE bruises and cuts on their foreheads. One who had a band aid across her nose with two black eyes. Yikes! Kids are resilient creatures. Betsy runs into things, throws her head back into stuff, sits down really hard and we think 'that's gotta hurt!' but she hardly seems to notice. I'm just going to hope she inherited enough coordination from Ben to not end up the black-and-blue kid every day on the playground. I mean, there's always the threat of playground bullies, but little Betsy has a posse to watch her back in those instances.
No comments:
Post a Comment