Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The bad about Fall...

I've waxed poetic about all the things I love about fall. The one thing I *don't* love about the fall is how many hours Ben is working and the weekends he spends away. Part of this is because he coaches two sports, cross country and football. He had coached cross country only for a couple of years and then asked about coaching FB too. He does this because he really likes football, and he enjoys coaching the kickers, and he's great at it, and we enjoy the extra coaching stipend.

His days are long (5:30 am to 6 pm), but he's home by 6:15 most nights during the week. It's the weekends that I miss the most. I feel like my weekend doesn't start until Ben gets home from cross country meets or away football games. He thinks this is because I have Betsy to myself and it's exhausting (nope, she's an easy baby, and honestly, it's easier to do stuff around the house when it's just Bets and I). It's actually because weekends are way more fun when Ben is home. He's my entertainment director.

When he's gone because I make plans with friends, do some baking, sewing and PLAY with Betsy. I clean, do laundry, organize, file, all the things I don't want to do when Ben is home because I don't want to waste our family time. I'm looking forward to FB and CC being over, the holidays, and time spent together with my little fam.

No comments: