Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I'm not in denial.

I'm not one of those Moms that think my baby is perfect all the time. Take last night for example. We went out to dinner (this maybe happens once a week). The times Betsy is good at a restaurant we leave and say "Wow, she was easy tonight." Last night was not one of those times. She was whiny. I didn't get to eat much. She kept throwing things across the table (mostly at her Daddy). Finally I asked Ben to take her home while I paid the bill, got my food boxed and headed home.

On a different but similar note there are statements you DO and DON'T enjoying hearing about your child. Enjoyable: Betsy is walking everywhere! We may move her up a class because she's so advanced. She loves showing the other babies how to use the toys! NOT enjoyable: Betsy is getting better about not pushing over the other babies, and not sitting on them quite as often.

I can't even be mad at her. She sits on the other babies because she's running across the room, loses her balance and plops down and sometimes there happens to be a baby where she plops. And she's been beating up on her cousins for months. We're working on the 'be so gentle Betsy!' concept. I suspect she thinks babies are like furniture, good for pulling up on.

I guess I think my baby is perfect just the way she is but that doesn't mean she IS perfect if that makes sense.

No comments: