That would accurately summarize Betsy B. last night. The kiddo was super-cranky when I picked her up from Grandpa's house (teething!). I took her home and gave her a dose of Motrin. Then I made pancakes for dinner and gave Betsy one (no syrup). Most fell in her lap and made a perfect little triangle of pancake pieces I later cleaned up, but she gobbled down some of it.
Well the Motrin and pancake AGREED with Betsy. It's like someone turned Betsy to fast forward and *WHOOOSH!* she was off. She was RUNNING around the living room. She would be falling, throw her hands out in front of her and keep crawling in the same motion. She was super baby! At one point Ben put her in the playroom and she pushed the gate over and laughed at us as we stared, slack jawed as she crawled laps around the house. She crawled in the bathroom and played peek-a-boo with Ben. Ben laughed and laughed and said "Oh my gosh, she is WILD!".
I ended up chasing her around while Ben ate his dinner, then he chased her around while I ate my dinner, then we played 'let Betsy run across the living room rug, turn her around and watch her run back again' She was taking 20+ steps at a time. There was no pausing. No resting. No standing. Just movement in fast forward. I AM NOT EXAGGERATING. I am EXHAUSTED thinking about that baby last night.
She eventually sucked down a couple of bottles, and started rubbing her eyes so I put her in bed. Not a peep was heard from her for the rest of the night. I even had to go in and tickle her toes this morning so she could eat and get dressed for daycare.
2 comments:
So apparently the pancakes charged her up?
oh my, she's on a roll, you might need to stock up on some energy drinks or something to keep up with her.
Post a Comment