Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sick Betsy update: double ear infections

Yesterday Betsy had a fever of 101.8 so I called the doctor and asked for an appointment. They squeezed us in at 5:30 pm. My father-in-law met me at the doctor to hand off sick Bets. By the time we got in to see the doctor her temperature was down to 100.2. She's weighing in at a whopping 18.5 pounds. I really liked the doctor we saw this time, and he quickly diagnosed her as having ear infections in both ears. I was surprised because she hasn't been pulling on her ears or sticking her finger in her ears or anything.

Anyways, the doctor prescribed an antibiotic and she's taken two doses now. She slept better last night, but not great. She slept on me most of the night. I'm hopeful she'll be a little better each day and night.

*update* Ben called a minute ago to tell me how Betsy and I hogged the bed last night. He claims Betsy "kept pushing him until he was hanging off the bed". Really? She weighs 18 pounds, how hard can she push?!

Poor Ben, no space in the bed. Poor Betsy, she has earaches.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Andy feels for Ben, the little 12 and 10 pounders in our house like to pick on him also. Hope Betsy starts feeling better soon.