Betsy has begun associating names with things. She says Mama and Mom (sounds like Moooooooooooom when she's mad at me), and Dada and Daddy to Ben. She whispers "Bah, Bah." when she waves good bye to someone. Also, she has started pointing at things. I don't know what she means by it but I try to name whatever she's pointing too to help her with word association. She understands the meaning of "No!" and "Yea!!". She understands the meaning of lots of words (if we say schnauzer she looks for Maddie, if we say yum she starts chewing on whatever is in front of her) I think 'no' is going to be her next word.
I think she says other words too that we barely understand. Uncle JD and Aunt Tiffany gave her a stuffed elephant and monkey this weekend. Someone told me it sounded like she said efant. I heard it too but I never know if it's my Mommy-wishful-thinking. This weekend JD told me if he doesn't see or hear it she hasn't done it yet.
She's teething like a monster. She gets fevers every other day and sleeps great one night, then terribly the next. Snuggling with Ben or I is the only solution. She's quite needy. I've taken to wearing her backwards in the baby backpack while I do chores and she loves it, (especially when I vacuum). Even needy and fussy she's a sweetheart and it's easy to stay patient with her.
Last week our playroom was emptied and set up for the big couple's shower but we finally got it back to Betsy-proof shape yesterday. She loves wandering around and it's such a relief from the Betsy chasing we did all last week. Since the weather is beautiful today I'm hoping we can take a walk to the swings at the park tonight. That is if I can stay awake. The kiddo kept me up most of the night!
No comments:
Post a Comment