It was a mellow weekend. I had a hard time getting motivated to do the extra things. The house got cleaned, the groceries were bought, I bought a shower gift, I stocked up on baby food and formula. But I didn't do any sewing or baking or anything. Oh well, sometimes you need a slow weekend. Bets hasn't been sleeping too well, I suspect because she has a few teeth coming in at once. She is a little fussy, VERY drooly and a little warm.
Ben's football team is doing great, their record is 5-0 at this point. His kicker was the player of the game last week! Cross Country is ok, it's over half way over, but lots of their runners are injured right now.
Friday night was really fun, we had dinner with my in-laws at Cracker Barrel. Ben thinks his parents were shocked by how much food the kiddo puts away (chicken, chicken and dumplings, green beans, mashed potatoes, macaroni, baked apples, blue bell ice cream). And she still put away a 9 ounce bottle before bed. The girl can EAT.
Saturday Betsy took two long naps (which was nice since she hadn't slept so much the night before). I did a lot of reading, cleaned out the pantry and the refrigerator, watched some DVR'd shows. I basically relaxed (and held Madison because it was raining and she was scared). When Ben got home from his CC meet he and I went to Khols and the grocery store. I got an interview outfit and we did out big grocery trip. My in-laws watched Betsy for a couple hours which was SO nice, since he and I seem to have very little time alone lately (and clothes shopping is much easier without the baby).
Sunday we watched a movie, and Ben and I took a nice nap when Betsy was asleep. Then we had our good friend's the Osborns over to watch the Cowboys game! Their kids kept Betsy thoroughly entertained, and even fed Betsy dinner for me. The Cowboys lost, but we had a good time (and ate some of Ben's famous Chili).
No comments:
Post a Comment