Oh man. This morning was priceless. Betsy is getting into EVERYTHING. I looked up this morning hearing a *slap slap slap* thinking it was Betsy's hands on the tile crawling through the house. Nope, she was walking down the hallway clapping for herself. She's doesn't like to sit down, so she's electing to walk everywhere versus crawling.
This morning after Betsy and I were both dressed and fed and about to head out the door I left her in the kitchen for a second while I loaded the car. I always put her in last. She usually self-entertains on the kitchen rug for a while, but this morning that wasn't the case. I came back in the kitchen to find Betsy playing in Madison's water bowl with Maddie's dog food clutched in her fist. She was trying to feed herself dog food. I ran in the room and had one of those slow motion movie moments...."Noooooo!!!" said in a slow motion as I lunged to intercept the hand making it's way to her mouth.
I eventually pried the 'Nauzer food from Bets' fingers and as I picked her up I realized she had put one of her feet in the water bowl and she was soaking wet. We ran back to her room and changed from her Robeez to her boots-with-the-fur. Betsy likes the boots better anyways. I wonder if this was all a ploy to get to wear her favorite shoes today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed her teachers don't notice she smells a little like dog food today. I've learned my lesson. Thirty seconds is too long to leave her unattended now. If only I was a kangaroo and put her in my pouch and still have my hands free to do stuff.
1 comment:
Tommy has already eaten dog food. But that was a GRANDparenting FAIL!
Post a Comment