Monday, January 11, 2010

A backpack for Betsy

I discovered last week that there is no reason for me to bring a diaper bag to daycare. It's bulky and unnecessary, I leave clothes, diapers and wipes in her cubby. I saw this at Hobby Lobby (it's the Me and My Bag brand) and decided it was the perfect size to pack Betsy's lunch, bottles, a couple extra ninnies and a snuggly toy. It was also super easy to embroider.

Last night as I was packing yo take Betsy to school today and I realized it would be handy to have a reusable bag to hold her lunch. School provides some snack food but I pack what I would feed her at home. She doesn't always eat it all but I would rather her have plenty of food than not enough. I whipped up this bag, and it's just big enough to hold a small yogurt, apple sauce, cereal bar and baggie of goldfish. I have tons of this light pink quilted fabric and brown trim. I'm using these same materials to make myself a stand mixer cover.






As for daycare, Betsy's second cousin Isaiah and first cousin William are in Betsy's class as of this week. When I left this morning Betsy had walked right over to Isaiah and sat down to play with him, no tears from either one.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Cute!!

Lisa said...

Shannon, that turned out so adorable!