Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Stand Mixer Cover

The big surprise at my parent's house Christmas morning was this Empire Red KitchenAid stand mixer for my Mom. All the professionals on the Food Network use these and my Mom is a good enough cook that I think she could hang with the professionals.

Bed Bath and Beyond sells mixer covers like this for a reasonable price, but looking at them I figured 1. It would be hard to hoop and embroider and 2. It looks easy enough to make myself in cuter fabrics.

This is what I came up with. I'm sure I could have made something a little more elaborate but I made it with only materials I had at my house. The inside is lined with red and pink heart fabric. This was fun and so easy! I can't wait to pick some new fabrics and make one for my KA mixer!


1 comment:

Michael said...

SUPER CUTE, Shan!!