It's no secret I'm pretty proud of my super coordinated child. I'm sure it has something to do with my LACK of coordination to see little Betsy doing all these infant developmental milestones so early, it gives me hope she'll end up athletic like Ben, not accident-prone-with-an-aversion-to-sweating like me.
Last night when Ben got home from his Cross Country meet we took turns having her walk, no RUN, from one of us to the other. My Mom got to experience the magic on web cam, Betsy's little feet start moving like Fred Flintstone's feet before they touch the ground. Anyways, she's up to taking 12 steps in a row. I'm sure in a couple more weeks she'll be more confident and choose to walk rather than crawl all over the place.
The title pertains to something that happened at 1 am. Betsy had been coughing and rolling around but not crying, but the coughing made me nervous so I went in her room to check on her. I walked in and turned on her closet light (but the door was just cracked) so I had enough light to see the outline of Betsy. HANGING ON TO THE SIDE OF HER CRIB. HOW did she do that? Her crib is on the lowest setting. It was like she did the Olympic gymnast thing and was going to push herself out and over with her upper body. I wondered, Betsy, what are you doing kiddo? In not so many words she articulated that she was trying to crawl out of the crib and find Mommy. Maybe she would have run into our bedroom, and crawled into our bed?
Anywho. I rocked her for a while, gave her a bottle snack and put her back to bed.
As my Mom pointed out when I shared this story with her... it would have been easier if she would have said "Mama! Come get me". However she's not willing to remove her pacifier long enough to get that sentence out.
1 comment:
that is crazy, Shannon!! Neither of my babies ever crawled out of their crib - if they had, I think I would have had a heart attack, too! Good thing you went to check on her, I probably wouldn't have even woken up. : )
Post a Comment